Must be a current Harvard graduate student. Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier in their Harvard tenure to participate longer in the alumni programming that is offered after the cohort semester concludes, as well as contribute to helping support future cohorts given the special nature of HGSLI as a student-founded, peer-led initiative.
Must be available to attend the full retreat and all Monday night sessions in their entirety (see Required Attendance Dates section below, sessions occur in Harvard Square). Full participation and attendance is crucial to the success of this program and thus we cannot accept individuals who are not able to attend all sessions. As peers, we hold each other accountable to show up for each other throughout the semester–before applying, please reflect on whether this semester is the right time to be present and committed to this program. There can be slight differences across the various Harvard graduate school calendars, so please carefully confirm your academic calendar to the program dates below to make sure that your schedule will allow you to participate in the full retreat and weekly sessions. Otherwise, there are no additional time commitments for the program such as having to do reading, work, etc. outside of the actual retreat and Monday meetings.
- Must be able to contribute $50 for the cost of the Cape Cod retreat (transportation, housing, and meals are included). Please note that all meals will be provided at the retreat as well as dinner at all of the Monday night sessions. Dinner is typically ready by 6:00pm for Fellows to start gathering.
Required Attendance Dates (note the two-hour final session occurs on Patriot’s Day Monday, given that this is not a recognized Harvard-wide holiday)
- Retreat: Friday, February 23 (~6:30 pm) – Sunday, February 25 (~3:00 pm)
- Pre-Session: Plan to connect with your Forum group the week of February 26
- Session #1: Monday, March 5 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #2: Monday, March 19 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #3: Monday, March 26 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #4: Monday, April 2 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #5: Monday, April 9 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #6: Monday, April 16 (6:30-9:30pm)
For those unavailable this spring, the program will be offered in the fall semester on Monday nights, with the application opening in late August and the kick-off retreat taking place in mid-September.