The application for the Fall 2017 cohort is now open, please apply by clicking this link.
For those unavailable this fall, the program will be offered in the spring semester on Monday nights, with the kick-off retreat taking place the weekend after Presidents’ Day Weekend.
HGSLI alumni will be at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Center for Public Leadership in the Darman room on Friday, September 1 from noon to 1pm to take any program questions for a casual information session, as the best way to understand this unique student-led leadership development program is by talking with students who have had the experience. The Darman room is inside the Center for Public Leadership suite on the first floor of the Taubman Building along Eliot Street in Harvard Square. Feel free to come late and leave early as needed!
The application contains three components:
- Part 1: Name and basic program information
- Part 2: Three application questions
- Part 3: Email CV/Resume to email@example.com. Please title your resume as LastName_FirstName_Resume.pdf
If you have any problems accessing the application, contact Lola Fagbami at harvardGSLI@gmail.com.
Application opens: August 23, 2017
Application due: Monday, September 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST
Interviews (20 minutes long, in-person preferred): Thursday, September 7 through Sunday, September 10
Notification of acceptance by Monday, September 11
Must be a current Harvard graduate student. Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier in their Harvard tenure to participate longer in the alumni programming that is offered after the cohort semester concludes, as well as contribute to helping support future cohorts given the special nature of HGSLI as a student-founded, peer-led initiative.
Must be available to attend the full retreat and all Monday night sessions in their entirety (see Required Attendance Dates section below, sessions occur in Harvard Square). Full participation and attendance is crucial to the success of this program and thus we cannot accept individuals who are not able to attend all sessions. As peers, we hold each other accountable to show up for each other throughout the semester–before applying, please reflect on whether this semester is the right time to be present and committed to this program. There can be slight differences across the various Harvard graduate school calendars, so please carefully confirm your academic calendar to the program dates below to make sure that your schedule will allow you to participate in the full retreat and weekly sessions. Otherwise, there are no additional time commitments for the program such as having to do reading, work, etc. outside of the actual retreat and Monday meetings.
- Must be able to contribute $50 for the cost of the Cape Cod retreat (transportation, housing, and meals are included). Please note that all meals will be provided at the retreat as well as dinner at all of the Monday night sessions. Dinner is typically ready by 6:00pm for Fellows to start gathering.
Required Attendance Dates:
- Retreat: Friday, September 15 (~6:30 pm) – Sunday, September 17 (~3:00 pm)
- Pre-Session: Plan to connect with your Forum group the week of September 18
- Session #1: Monday, September 25 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #2: Monday, October 2 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #3: Monday, October 16 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #4: Monday, October 23 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #5: Monday, October 30 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #6: Monday, November 6 (6:30-9:30pm
- Session #7: Monday, November 13 (6:30-9:30pm)