The application for the Spring 2018 cohort will be open in early January 2018, at at which point the application will be accessible by clicking this link.
For those unavailable this spring, the program is offered each semester on Monday nights.
HGSLI alumni will be at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Center for Public Leadership in the Darman room on Friday, January 26 from noon to 1pm to take any program questions for a casual information session, as the best way to understand this unique student-led leadership development program is by talking with students who have had the experience. The Darman room is inside the Center for Public Leadership suite on the first floor of the Taubman Building along Eliot Street in Harvard Square. Feel free to arrive late and leave early as needed!
The application contains three components:
- Part 1: Name and basic program information
- Part 2: Three application questions
- Part 3: Email CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your resume as LastName_FirstName_Resume.pdf
If you have any problems accessing the application, contact Lola Fagbami at email@example.com.
Application opens: August 27, 2017
Application due: Monday September 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST
Interviews (20 minutes long, in-person preferred): Thursday, September 7 through Sunday, September 10
Notification of acceptance by Monday, September 11, 2017
Must be a current Harvard graduate student. Applicants are encouraged to apply earlier in their Harvard tenure to participate longer in the alumni programming that is offered after the cohort semester concludes, as well as contribute to helping support future cohorts given the special nature of HGSLI as a student-founded, peer-led initiative.
Must be available to attend the full retreat and all Monday night sessions in their entirety (see Required Attendance Dates section below, sessions occur in Harvard Square). Full participation and attendance is crucial to the success of this program and thus we cannot accept individuals who are not able to attend all sessions. As peers, we hold each other accountable to show up for each other throughout the semester–before applying, please reflect on whether this semester is the right time to be present and committed to this program. There can be slight differences across the various Harvard graduate school calendars, so please carefully confirm your academic calendar to the program dates below to make sure that your schedule will allow you to participate in the full retreat and weekly sessions. Otherwise, there are no additional time commitments for the program such as having to do reading, work, etc. outside of the actual retreat and Monday meetings.
- Must be able to contribute $50 for the cost of the Cape Cod retreat (transportation, housing, and meals are included). Please note that all meals will be provided at the retreat as well as dinner at all of the Monday night sessions. Dinner is typically ready by 6:00pm for Fellows to start gathering.
Required Attendance Dates:
- Retreat: Friday, September 15 (~6:30 pm) – Sunday, September 17 (~3:00 pm)
- Pre-Session: Plan to connect with your Forum group the week of September 18
- Session #1: Monday, September 25 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #2: Monday, October 2 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #3: Monday, October 16 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #4: Monday, October 23 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #5: Monday, October 30 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #6: Monday, November 6 (6:30-9:30pm)
- Session #7: Monday, November 13 (6:30-9:30pm)